Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My Parents

I have to say that I am so blessed as a daughter and a missionary that I have parents who not only support my minister and my being halfway around the world, but that they’re also the type of parents who leave home for part of their summer to come and join in the ministry.


Some might say, no they just came to see their daughter. Well that was an added benefit. But they have such hearts for the ministry here. And that was very evident by the tears shed on the day they said good-bye.

And I’m not even talking about my tears. When they said good-bye to the kids here, it was one sad day. Some of the girls clung to my mom with tears streaming down their faces. Some of the boys wouldn’t leave my dad’s side and even walked him all the way up to the house so they wouldn’t have to say goodbye too soon. And still others hung all over me, because they felt bad that I would be alone after they went.

It was surely a great time with them, and the time went by far too fast!

If you’d like to see more pictures of the time my parents spent here, check out this video on youtube.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed viewing the video, Aly. Glad they could spend time there with you.

    ReplyDelete