Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Ebenezer


“Then Samuel took a stone and set it between Mizpah and Shen, and named it Ebenezer saying, Thus far the Lord has helped us.” – 1 Samuel 7:12

We’re now looking at 2013 in the rearview mirror. It’s hard to believe that another year has come and gone already. It seems like only yesterday I was sitting at my apartment back home in the States ringing in the New Year with my best friend, still praying that God would provide the supporters for me to come to Uganda.

But now, 12 months later, I find myself looking back at all the Lord has done and I couldn’t help but think of a song the kids sing during our fellowships together. It’s in Luganda and it says,

Ebenezer Mukama afuga,

Ebenezer atuje waala.

 

The rough translation is:


God has brought us, He is in control of everything

He has brought us from afar.

 

Looking back on 2013 both at home and abroad, in plenty and in want, through sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, I can say with confidence, “Thus far the Lord has helped me.” In everything He has brought me through and I know that I am stronger than ever because of all that I have passed through this year.

 

And as I look ahead at 2014, I know that waiting for me at the other side of midnight are more trials and more victories, more prayers and more answers, more love and more heartache. Just as he brought me through the ups and downs of 2013, he will continue to guide me and bring me through. And at the end of 2014, I look forward to again singing,

 

Ebenezer.

1 comment:

  1. Lukas has named his place - Ebenezer Farm. He just had a new sign made for the front of the house.
    I will think of you now…when I see Lukas' Ebenezer Farm sign.
    :)

    ReplyDelete